INSTRUMENT SERVICE TECHNICIAN
NuChem Sciences, a preclinical contract research organization providing drug discovery and development services, is expanding and looking for a candidate to fill the role of Instrument Service Technician.
At NuChem Sciences, we are a dynamic team consisting of experienced scientists and fresh graduates where everyone contributes their ideas and talents towards a variety of diverse projects. We believe in a work environment that should be fun, safe, and productive with fully equipped, state-of-the art laboratories and flexible work hours. We are focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
Reporting to the Instrument Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting with tasks related to keeping laboratory instrumentation functional.
- Perform required maintenance/troubleshooting/repair of basic laboratory equipment (water bath, vacuum pumps, incubators, lyophilizers, rotavaps etc) and high-end instrumentation such as flash chromatography systems as required, and complete associated documentation.
- Perform occasional preventative maintenance and yearly shutdown of instruments including Lyophilizers and LCMS instruments.
- Assist with the management of maintenance schedules and review of related documentation.
- Perform minor repairs, maintenance, cleaning as needed on LCMS, HPLC and GC.
- Efficiently plan workload to complete all assigned tasks in required time.
- Comply with NuChem policies with regards to lab-service maintenance, laboratory good practices, lab safety (Chemical and Biosafety) and security guidelines.
- Respect and remain compliant with NuChem’s confidentiality policies.
- Be a good “citizen”:
◦ respect of colleagues
◦ good teamwork attitude
◦ maintain safe working environment
Minimum 2 years’ experience working in industry (laboratory and/or instrument repair, troubleshooting) with background in science eg. chemistry, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, and/or biotechnology.
Minimal Knowledge of HPLC required.
Good oral and written communications skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive and based on experience.
- Annual bonus incentive plan.
- Full time permanent position;
- Health and dental care insurance plan;
- Short- and long-term disability insurance;
- Life insurance;
- RRSP employer’s matching program;
- Telehealth program;
- Casual dress code;
- Flexible schedule;
- On-site free parking;
- Continuing education;
- Career development.Schedule:
- Monday to Friday.
Monday to Friday.
Apply today to work with state-of-the-art research facility and become part of the NuChem Sciences Drug Discovery Team!