LABORATORY SERVICE TECHNICIAN
NuChem Sciences, a synthetic chemistry and biology contract research organization, is expanding and looking for candidates to fill laboratory technician positions in our facilities in Saint-Laurent, Montreal. The company provides integrated services to early drug discovery projects for our clients spanning from Medicinal Chemistry, ADME/PK, Biochemistry, Cell Biology and In Vivo Pharmacology, in the area of small molecule drug discovery.
We are a dynamic team consisting of experienced scientists where everyone contributes their ideas. We believe in a work environment that should be fun, safe and productive with fully equipped, state-of-the art laboratories.
Reporting to a senior Scientist, we are looking for an energetic Laboratory Service Technician.
The Laboratory Service Technician will report to a Senior Scientist:
Provide support to scientists for the supply, reception, verification, classification, storage, inventory, and distribution of goods to the chemistry and biology departments;
Safely handle and store solvents;
Responsible for receiving and shipping chemicals, solvents and consumables;
Lifting and handling of 22 kg or less (50 pounds or less);
Maintain an inventory of chemicals, solvents and consumables;
Maintain a safe work environment;
Regularly handle, classify and safely dispose of chemicals and solvents.
- DEC with 2 years of experience or High School Diploma with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Be available to work during the day and evening.
- Must be comfortable with working with various chemicals, usually in small quantities, as can be expected in a laboratory environment.
- The employee must be able to operate steam-heated autoclaves.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Can work autonomously.
- Can work efficiently as part of a team.
- Can multitask and respect deadlines.
- Comfortable to work with chemical products.
- Knowledge of WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System).
- Keen interest in manual work.
- Can read and understand documents like safety rules, user and maintenance guides and SOP’s.
- Knowledge and proficiency in using Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Follow SOP for shipping and receiving of chemical products.
- Maintain organized workspace.
- Oral and written communication skills in English and French.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive and based on experience
- Annual bonus incentive plan.
- Full time permanent position;
- Health and dental care insurance plan;
- Short- and long-term disability insurance;
- Life insurance;
- RRSP employer’s matching program;
- Casual dress code;
- Flexible schedule;
- On-site free parking;
- Free lunch on Fridays;
- Continuing education;
- Career development.
- Monday to Friday.
Apply today to be part of a dynamic team in a state-of-the-art environment!