ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, PHARMACOLOGY
NuChem Sciences, a synthetic chemistry and biology contract research organization, is expanding and looking for candidates to fill an Associate Director position for our In Vivo Pharmacology department (also known as Animal Pharmacology). The candidates specialized in In Vivo Pharmacology will be working from our facilities in Saint-Laurent, Montreal. NuChem provides integrated services to early drug discovery projects for our clients spanning from Medicinal Chemistry, ADME/PK, Biochemistry, Cell Biology and In Vivo Pharmacology, in the area of small molecule drug discovery.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Cell Biology and Translational Sciences, the Associate Director of In Vivo Pharmacology will be a passionate scientist that can provide service to clients by transforming ideas and innovations to therapeutics on client’s behalf. This person should have a deep knowledge of early phase of preclinical drug discovery/development in several distinct therapeutic indications. This person will have leadership in human resources management and strong experience in managing collaborations with external partners (clients). This scientist is required to ensure daily operation for the team and to maintain high standards, including a commitment to Company’s values and policies.
Oversee the In Vivo Pharmacology group and provide leadership to the team;
Participate in the client’s initial discussion with business development group to determine the feasibility of providing service to the project on the scope of the project and on the technical, resources and budget level;
Act as a study director; be involved in the design, development of protocol, plan study with in vivo team, manage study coordination, manage resources, oversee the execution of the projects and write project study reports;
Analyze and review scientific data, perform trouble-shooting, come up with conclusions.
As the primary point of contact, communicate with the client;
Responsible for project deliverables and milestones;
Manage subcontractors if needed;
Coordinate with cross-functional teams from other groups;
Attract and recruit talents for the future growth of the team;
Be able to set up new in vivo disease models based on literature;
Interact with multidisciplinary teams to design experiments in appropriate disease models and PK/PD models for drug candidate evaluation
Make sure all studies are performed under guideline of Biosafety and Ethic use of animals
- PhD with 5-10 years of industrial or academic experience with in vivo pharmacology or M.Sc. with 12+ years.
- Excellent written and oral, presentation and communication skills;
- Bilingual, an asset;
- Experience managing a group of scientists in an industry setting;
- Strong analytical research skills;
- Strong technical and disease area knowledge to be able to interact with confidence with clients and subcontractors;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Graphpad;
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive and based on experience
- Annual bonus incentive plan.
- Full time permanent position;
- Health and dental care insurance plan;
- Short- and long-term disability insurance;
- Life insurance;
- RRSP employer’s matching program;
- Telehealth program;
- Casual dress code;
- Flexible schedule;
- On-site free parking;
- Continuing education;
- Career development.
- Monday to Friday.
Apply today to be part of a dynamic team in a state-of-the-art environment!