NuChem Sciences, a synthetic chemistry and biology contract research organization, is expanding and looking for candidates to fill a Facility Manager position. The candidate will be working from our new facilities in Saint-Laurent, Montreal. NuChem provides integrated services to early drug discovery projects for our clients spanning from Medicinal Chemistry, ADME/PK, Biochemistry, Cell Biology and In Vivo Pharmacology, in the area of small molecule drug discovery.
The Site Manager will be responsible for contributing to the successful operations of NuChem and will ensure the delivery of excellent service to support the research teams. The main focus will be on the control systems of the ventilation units but will also include the day-to-day building operations relating to preventative maintenance, building maintenance and its technical systems, liaising, and managing the relationship with external vendors/suppliers relating to building and operational matters.
- Ensure daily monitoring of the ventilation and air conditioning units by evaluating the trends of the monitoring data obtained via different control systems;
- Intervene and take charge of the coordination of repairs and modifications to ventilation systems;
- Supervise all building systems, including security, fire, HVAC and electrical systems;
- Ensure that all site-specific documentation is current, complete and accurate;
- Conduct inspection tours to ensure compliance of facilities, services and make or propose corrective measures as required;
- Develop, implement and monitor the preventative maintenance program for all contracted building system services with external service providers;
- Perform occasionally minor repairs and general maintenance;
- Ensure the detection of any problem to ensure the safety, health and comfort of the premises;
- Respond immediately to emergencies both during normal working hours and after hours;
- Ensure compliance with safety issues under Occupational Health and Safety legislation;
- Carry out additional missions according to the needs of the organization.
- DEC degree with at least 5 years of experience in general administration.
- Knowledge of computerized building control systems, fire protection services, heating, ventilation and refrigeration systems.
- Electrician and CCQ qualification card, an asset.
- Certification in stationary machines, an asset.
- Organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and complete tasks according to schedule.
- Experience in resource management and project management.
- Ability to manage emergency situations and ability to succeed in ambiguous, changing and non-standard environments.
- Development and implementation of preventive maintenance plans.
- Must be able and willing to work outside normal hours for scheduled maintenance, be available for on-call/rescue and emergency calls as they arise.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Fully bilingual in English and French.
- Full-time, Permanent
- Competitive salary. Based on experience.
- Annual bonus incentive plan.
- Health and dental care insurance plan
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- RRSP employer’s matching program
- Casual dress code
- Flexible schedule
- On-site free parking
- Monday to Friday