RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, DMPK
NuChem Sciences, a synthetic chemistry and biology contract research organization, is expanding and looking for candidates to fill a Research Associate position within our DMPK department. The candidates specialized in drug metabolism and early discovery in vitro assays will be working from our facilities in Saint-Laurent, Montreal. NuChem provides integrated services to early drug discovery projects for our clients spanning from Medicinal Chemistry, ADME/PK, Biochemistry, Cell Biology and In Vivo Pharmacology, in the area of small molecule drug discovery.
NuChem Sciences is a growing company that applies the principles of accountability, transparent communication and teamwork in order to provide our clients with quality services. The incumbent will perform stability, permeability and metabolic in vitro assays to support small molecule drug discovery projects.
Execute in vitro assays to support clients’ project needs such as permeability assays, stability assessment assays (microsomal and hepatocyte), solubility assays, protein binding, drug-drug interactions assays and CYP inhibition assays;
Perform routine plasma/brain drug level analysis for PK studies in rodent;
Method development on LC-MS/MS instrumentation targeting small organic molecule in biological matrix;
Optimize sample preparation and/or extraction methods in different matrices (ie. plasma, brain, urine, etc.);
Operate an LC-MSMS instrument, acquire and report data;
Maintain and troubleshoot LC-MS/MS systems.
- MSc or BSc with more than 5 years of industrial or academic experience in bioanalytical, analytical science or related fields;
- Experience in mass spectrometry and HPLC;
- Knowledge of different LC-MS related software such as Chromeleon and Xcalibur is an asset;
- Excellent written and oral, presentation and communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive and based on experience
- Annual bonus incentive plan.
- Full-time permanent position;
- Health and dental care insurance plan;
- Virtual Medical Consultation Program;
- Short- and long-term disability insurance;
- Life insurance;
- RRSP employer’s matching program;
- Casual dress code;
- Flexible schedule;
- On-site free parking;
- Continuing education;
- Career development.
- Monday to Friday.
Apply today to work with state-of-the-art research facility and become part of the NuChem Sciences Drug Discovery Team!