SCIENTIST, CELL BIOLOGY
NuChem Sciences, a preclinical contract research organization providing drug discovery and development services, is expanding and looking for a candidate to fill a Scientist position for its Cell Biology Group.
At NuChem Sciences, we are a dynamic team consisting of experienced scientists and fresh graduates where everyone contributes their ideas and talents towards a variety of diverse projects. We believe in a work environment that should be fun, safe, and productive with fully equipped, state-of-the art laboratories and flexible work hours. We are focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The successful candidate will be reporting to a Scientist or Senior Scientist and will develop cell-based assays for target-based screening to support the drug discovery team. The main responsibilities are:
Develop and perform in vitro cell-based assays for compound screening and mechanism action studies;
Maintain mammalian cell culture according to the project need;
Design, plan and execute experiments under supervision;
Perform data analysis;
Trouble shooting under supervision;
Maintain excellent documentation for lab books; write study reports and make presentations and; communicate results to the team and clients if needed;
Share responsibilities with other team member to support daily lab operations of Cell Biology Group;
Collaborate with other team members to meet project timelines and targets.
- PhD in Biological Sciences or MSc with at least 5 years of experience;
- Familiar with cell culture techniques;
- Experience with microplate assays, such as ELISA, reporter assay, cell proliferation assays;
- Experience with high-capacity cell-based assays using multichannel pipets;
- Knowledge in Cancer Cell Biology;
- Experience with DNA/RNA extraction, Western blot and PCR based analysis;
- Good level of autonomy at designing experiment and critical analysis of results;
- Familiar with Microsoft office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Graphpad Prism data analysis software;
- Should be able to perform literature searches and display a broad knowledge of common methods in CellBiology;
- Should be able to prepare presentation, write study report and interact with the team;
- Good understanding of goals and objectives, timeframe of a contract research project;
- Ability to communicate progress effectively with the team (French and English);
- New employees will be required to provide proof of a complete COVID-19.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive and based on experience.
- Annual bonus incentive plan.
- Full time permanent position;
- Health and dental care insurance plan;
- Short- and long-term disability insurance;
- Life insurance;
- RRSP employer’s matching program;
- Telehealth program;
- Casual dress code;
- Flexible schedule;
- On-site free parking;
- Continuing education;
- Career development.
- Monday to Friday.
Apply today to work with state-of-the-art research facility and become part of the NuChem Sciences Drug Discovery Team!