ANIMAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN
NuChem Sciences, a contract research company (CRO) is currently looking for a candidate for the position of Animal Health Technician at its research center located at the NEOMED Institute in the Montreal Technoparc in Ville Saint-Laurent. The company provides a variety of preclinical services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry helping them in their drug discovery and development.
NuChem Sciences is a growing company that applies the principles of accountability, transparent communication and teamwork in order to provide our clients with quality services. The incumbent will perform in vivo pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and efficacy studies in rodent models.
Perform basic techniques (treatments, taking biological samples, evaluations);
Administer treatments to animals and collect laboratory data;
Follow guidelines of the experimental protocols as well as standard operating procedures;
Have a great sense of ethics;
Perform in-life portion of different types of disease models in animals;
Participate in the daily team tasks and related duties;
May be required occasionally to work on weekends or holidays, or outside of routine work hours in the morning or in the evening.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology (BSc) or Animal Health Technician degree (DEC);
- 0-2 years of experience handling small laboratory animals;
- Must be hard-working, eager to learn, organized, proactive, self-disciplined and co-operative;
- Proficient with MS Office;
- Have a valid driver’s license and access of vehicle;
- Mammalian cell culture technique an asset;
- New employees will be required to provide proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination;
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive and based on experience
- Annual bonus incentive plan.
- Full time permanent position;
- Health and dental care insurance plan;
- Short- and long-term disability insurance;
- Life insurance;
- RRSP employer’s matching program;
- Telehealth program;
- Casual dress code;
- Flexible schedule;
- On-site free parking;
- Continuing education;
- Career development.
- Monday to Friday.
Apply today to be part of a dynamic team in a state-of-the-art environment!