DIRECTOR, MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
NuChem Sciences, a synthetic chemistry and biology contract research organization, is expanding and looking for candidates to fill Research Associate and Scientist positions in our Chemisty department. The candidates specialized in organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry will be working from our new facilities in Saint-Laurent, Montreal. NuChem provides integrated services to early drug discovery projects for our clients spanning from Medicinal Chemistry, ADME/PK, Biochemistry, Cell Biology and In Vivo Pharmacology, in the area of small molecule drug discovery.
We are a dynamic team consisting of experienced scientists and fresh graduates where everyone contributes their ideas and talent toward a variety of diverse projects. We believe in a work environment that should be fun, safe and productive with fully equipped, state-of-the art laboratories and flexible work hours. We are focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold and innovating ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
- Implement and execute medicinal chemistry strategies to deliver potential high quality preclinical candidates;
- Lead drug discovery programs in effective collaboration with internal and external teams, including CROs;
- Implement and drive innovative drug discovery strategies utilizing deep expertise across medicinal chemistry and synthetic chemistry route design, through comprehensive knowledge of DMPK, pharmacology, and toxicology;
- Apply modern drug design principles to solve medicinal chemistry problems relevant to the project;
- Utilize cutting-edge synthetic methodologies and techniques to design syntheses of target compounds within existing and novel chemical series;
- Achieve the project objectives in line with those of the client;
- Manage internal team leaders and teams of medicinal and synthetic chemists.
- PhD in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry with 10+ years of drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology environment;
- Medicinal Chemistry expert with excellent understanding of biology, pharmacology, DMPK and ability to integrate these disciplines toward successful project progression;
- Demonstrated track record in medicinal chemistry as evidenced by successful advancement of drug discovery projects to clinical candidate nomination a strong asset;
- Experience in structure-based drug design;
- Project management experience;
- Strong knowledge of and experience in current synthetic methodologies;
- Excellent written and oral, presentation and communication skills;
- Great leadership skills and experience working in dynamic multidisciplinary environment;
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and creatively in solving problems;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- New employees will be required to provide proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada (Canadian citizen, permanent resident or work permit).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive and based on experience.
- Annual bonus incentive plan.
- Full time permanent position;
- Health and dental care insurance plan;
- Short- and long-term disability insurance;
- Life insurance;
- RRSP employer’s matching program;
- Telehealth program;
- Casual dress code;
- Flexible schedule;
- On-site free parking;
- Continuing education;
- Career development.
- Monday to Friday.
Apply today to work with state-of-the-art research facility and become part of the NuChem Sciences Drug Discovery Team!