LABORATORY SERVICES TECHNICIAN (Temporary Position)
NuChem Sciences, a synthetic chemistry and biology contract research organization, is expanding and looking for candidates to fill a Laboratory Services Technician temporary position (12 months) in our facilities in Saint-Laurent, Montreal. The company provides integrated services to early drug discovery projects for our clients spanning from Medicinal Chemistry, ADME/PK, Biochemistry, Cell Biology and In Vivo Pharmacology, in the area of small molecule drug discovery.
We are a dynamic team consisting of experienced scientists where everyone contributes their ideas. We believe in a work environment that should be fun, safe and productive with fully equipped, state-of-the art laboratories.
- Receive, stock and distribute packages and consumables;
- Verify documentation to ensure its accuracy;
- Prepare orders to ensure a good supply and maintain an adequate inventory of chemicals, solvents and consumables;
- Prepare materials for scientists;
- Take charge of shipments;
- Safely handle solvents and store them;
- Responsible for receiving and shipping chemicals, solvents and consumables;
- Heavy handling of 22 kg or less (50 pounds or less);
- Maintain a safe work environment;
- Handle, classify and regularly dispose of chemicals and solvents safely.
- DEC with 2 years of experience or High School Diploma with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Be available to work starting at 7h30 am.
- Must be comfortable with working with various chemicals, usually in small quantities, as can be expected in a laboratory environment.
- Knowledge and proficiency in using Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Oral and written communication skills in English and French.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Can work autonomously.
- Can work efficiently as part of a team.
- Comfortable to work with chemical products.
- Knowledge of WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System).
- Keen interest in manual work.
- Can read and understand documents like safety rules, user and maintenance guides and SOP’s.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Maintain organized workspace.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive and based on experience.
- Casual dress code;
- Flexible schedule;
- On-site free parking;
- Continuing education;
- Career development.
Monday to Friday.
Apply today to work with state-of-the-art research facility and become part of the NuChem Sciences Drug Discovery Team!