Senior Scientist, Chemistry
NuChem Sciences, a synthetic chemistry and biology contract research organization, is expanding and looking for candidates to fill Senior Scientist positions in our Chemistry department The candidates specialized in organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry will be working from our new facilities in Saint-Laurent, Montreal. Nuchem provides integrated services to early drug discovery projects for our clients spanning from Medicinal Chemistry, ADME/PK, Biochemistry, Cell Biology and In Vivo Pharmacology, in the area of small molecule drug discovery.
We are a dynamic team consisting of experienced scientists and fresh graduates where everyone contributes their ideas and talents towards a variety of diverse projects. We believe in a work environment that should be fun, safe and productive with fully equipped, state-of-the art laboratories and flexible work hours. We are focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviours into every aspect of our work.
- Utilize cutting-edge synthetic methodologies and techniques to design and execute efficient syntheses of target compounds for existing chemical series and novel series;
- Independently conduct multi-step synthesis and optimization through effective reaction planning, troubleshooting, and systematic analysis;
- Purify and characterize compounds using a variety of techniques including column chromatography, crystallization, trituration, LCMS, NMR, HPLC;
- Analyze biological and DMPK data and decide what analogs need further evaluation and identify the new analogs to be synthesized;
- Liaise between clients and internal operations to ensure good communication and define project progression goals and timeline;
- Prepare and present summaries of work for project meetings;
- Must have the ability to lead a project or a team and provide guidance along the way;
- Maintain lab notebook, instrument and inventory records in accord with department guidance;
- Maintain all appropriate standards for lab safety and hazardous material management.
- Minimum 5 years (PhD) or 10 years (MSc) experience in biotech and/or pharmaceutical research.
- Excellent organizational, documentation and written and oral communication skills.
- Proactive with strong interpersonal skills; able to thrive in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and creatively problem solve.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada (Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or work permit)