Research Associate, DMPK
NuChem Sciences, a Sygnature Discovery business is a world-leading integrated drug discovery Contract Research Organisation based in the UK and Canada with its headquarters in Nottingham and additional facilities in Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Glasgow, Montreal and Quebec City. Its staff of over 1,000, which includes 900 scientists, partners with global pharma, biotech and NFP organisations.
Since 2004, Sygnature Discovery has delivered over 40 novel pre-clinical and 22 clinical compounds, with its scientists named on over 170 patents. Therapeutic areas of expertise include oncology, inflammation and immunology, neuroscience, metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, fibrotic diseases and more.
About the role
We currently have an open position for a motivated Research Associate to join our DMPK team. This team works on a variety of programs, including hit-to-lead development and compound screening as part of the optimization of new therapeutic molecules. The desired candidate will be highly qualified, experienced with modern tools used for ADME testing, possess good laboratory skills and capable of high productivity. This role will require a candidate who is able to work in a team, propose and execute ADME tests and engage in troubleshooting exercises when necessary.
As a Research Associate, you will be part of a team providing services on drug digestion studies (or ADME tests) to the biopharmaceutical industry. You will become responsible for performing key ADME screening assays to support drug development efforts within the DMPK group in the early stages of the discovery process. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience developing analytical methods using HPLC and LC-MS/MS, a good understanding of small molecule metabolism as well as enzymology. The candidate must have good interpersonal skills to work closely with other team members, as well as with members of other departments on multidisciplinary projects. He must independently demonstrate problem-solving skills in various situations with a focus on data quality and producing reports according to deadlines.
Role and Responsibilities
- Using established procedures and protocols, implement various ADME tests for screening purposes (e.g. stability in cryopreserved liver microsomes or hepatocytes, and permeability tests (cell culture).
- Use an LC-MS/MS instrument for quantification of analytes for stability testing or pharmacokinetic analysis (in plasma and tissues).
- Process and compile data for weekly updates to clients.
- Write reports for timely delivery to clients.
- Must have experience in liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry.
- HPLC and/or LC-MS/MS ideally with knowledge Experience in optimization and development of HPLC and/or LC-MS/MS analytical methods optimization for small molecules.
- A general understanding of drug metabolism to support discovery and development.
- General understanding, particularly of in vitro ADME testing such as solubility, chemical and enzymatic stability, cell culture technique for permeability testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with an ability to present data clearly and concisely to clients.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary and additional pay
- Competitive and based on experience;
- Annual bonus incentive plan.
- Flexible hours;
- Health and dental care;
- Disability insurance;
- Life insurance;
- RRSP employer’s matching program;
- Telemedicine program;
- Continuing education;
- Professional development;
- Casual dress code;
- Free on-site parking;
- Possibility of teleworking.
- Monday to Friday
We also recognize that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with lots of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your personal and professional growth.