RESEARCH ASSOCIATE/SCIENTIST, BIOLOGY
NuChem Sciences, a synthetic chemistry and biology contract research organization, is expanding and looking for candidates to fill a Research Associate/Scientist position for its biology department. NuChem provides a variety of services to support biotech and pharmaceutical industries to identify and optimize pre-clinical candidates in the area of small molecule drug discovery.
At NuChem Sciences, we are a dynamic team consisting of experienced scientists and fresh graduates where everyone contributes their ideas and talents towards a variety of diverse projects. We believe in a work environment that should be fun, safe, and productive with fully equipped, state-of-the art laboratories and flexible work hours. We are focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The successful candidate will be part of a growing in vitro biology team developing biochemical assays for target-based screening and drug metabolism assays to support the drug discovery team. An extensive knowledge in assay development is required for this position. The main responsibilities are:
Develop assays and cutting-edge technologies for discovery against challenging targets;
Establish new biochemical assays using a variety of readouts and technologies;
Transfer assays to robotic systems when applicable and run screening assays;
Develop in vitro assays that includes recombinant proteins as well as whole cells or cell lysates
Design, plan, and execute experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates;
Maintain excellent documentation and communicate clearly results to the team and client;
Solve problems at a high level;
Organize, support, and collaborate with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines.
- PhD or MSc in Biology/Biochemistry;
- Experience in enzymatic activity assays;
- Assay experience on different platforms including ELISA and spectrophotometry (absorbance, fluorescence, TRFRET) would be a strong asset;
- Experience with automation and bioinformatics is an asset;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and function in a fast-paced, dynamic CRO environment;
- Demonstrate experience in enzymology and/or cell biology and data analysis;=
- Excellent written, organizational and documentation skills;
- Proactive with strong interpersonal skills; able to thrive in a team-based environment;
- Ability to communicate progress effectively with colleagues and managers;
- Impeccable attention to details;
- New employees will be required to provide proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination;
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada (Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or work permit).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive and based on experience.
- Annual bonus incentive plan.
- Full time permanent position;
- Health and dental care insurance plan;
- Short- and long-term disability insurance;
- Life insurance;
- RRSP employer’s matching program;
- Casual dress code;
- Flexible schedule;
- On-site free parking;
- Continuing education;
- Career development.
- Monday to Friday.
Apply today to work with state-of-the-art research facility and become part of the NuChem Sciences Drug Discovery Team!