Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist, DMPK
NuChem Sciences, a Sygnature Discovery business is a world leading integrated drug discovery Contract Research Organisation based in the UK and Canada with its headquarters in Nottingham and additional facilities in Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Glasgow, Montreal and Quebec City. Its staff of over 1,000, which includes 900 scientists, partners with global pharma, biotech and NFP organisations.
Since 2004, Sygnature Discovery has delivered over 40 novel pre clinical and 22 clinical compounds, with its scientists named on over 170 patents. Therapeutic areas of expertise include oncology, inflammation and immunology, neuroscience, metabolic disease s, infectious diseases, fibrotic diseases and more. To find out more,
About the role
At Sygnature Discovery, our DMPK scientists play an essential role in supporting integrated drug discovery projects covering a broad range of molecular targets and therapeutic indications.
We currently have an open position for a motivated Senior Scientist or Principal Scientist to join our DMPK team. Our DMPK continues to grow to support our portfolio of clients and for this new position, the desired candidate will be a highly qualified, experienced DMPK scientist , possess good laboratory skills and capable of leading a team.
- Using established procedures and protocols, implement various ADME tests for screening purposes (e.g. stability in cryopreserved liver microsomes or hepatocytes, and permeability tests (cell culture).
- Use an LC-MS/MS instrument for quantification of analytes for stability testing or pharmacokinetic analysis (in plasma and tissues).
- Process and compile data for weekly updates to clients.
- Write reports for timely delivery to clients.
- You will hold a M.Sc (and preferably a Ph.D) in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related discipline.
- You will possess a thorough knowledge of absorption, distribution, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics together with an excellent working knowledge of the drug discovery process with at least 5 years of industrial experience.
- You will be able to demonstrate leadership and project management skills.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication with an ability to present data clearly and concisely to clients.
- For a Principal Scientist, a minimum of 10 years of biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in discovery DMPK is essential.
- Bilingual (French and English).
Compensation and Benefits
Salary and additional pay
- Competitive and based on experience;
- Annual bonus incentive plan.
- Flexible hours;
- Health and dental care;
- Disability and Life insurance;
- RRSP employer’s matching program;
- Telemedicine program;
- Continuing education and Professional development;
- Casual dress code;
- Free on-site parking.
- Monday to Friday
The position will be inMontreal with some international travel possible.