SENIOR SCIENTIST, CELL BIOLOGY
NuChem Sciences, a preclinical contract research organization providing drug discovery and development services, is expanding and looking for a candidate to fill a Scientist position for its Cell Biology Group.
At NuChem Sciences, we are a dynamic team consisting of experienced scientists and fresh graduates where everyone contributes their ideas and talents towards a variety of diverse projects. We believe in a work environment that should be fun, safe, and productive with fully equipped, state-of-the art laboratories and flexible work hours. We are focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The successful candidate will be reporting to a Principal Scientist or Director of the department. They will develop and oversee the development of cell-based assays for target-based screening and investigate compound mechanism of action to support the drug discovery team. The main responsibilities are:
- Designs and executes elaborate experiments for major research projects, demonstrating resourcefulness in running multiple activities concurrently to achieve objectives.
- Suggest new innovative approaches and research propositions to address client research goals
- Oversee and manage client project(s) and biologists associated with the project
- Maintain excellent documentation for lab books; write study reports and make client presentations; communicate results to the team and clients on a regular basis
- Supervise staff and train team members
- Direct communication with clients on a regular basis
- Assume lab manager role, when required. Share responsibilities with other team member to support daily lab operations of Cell Biology Group
- Collaborate with other team members and cross-functionally to meet project timelines and targets.
- PhD in Biological Sciences with multiple years of experience or MSc with at least 8-12 years of experience; experience in biotech/pharma/CRO is an asset;
- Expert with cell culture techniques, DNA/RNA extraction, Western blot and PCR based analysis, microplate assays (6/384), such as ELISA, reporter assay, cell proliferation assays;
- Experience with high-capacity cell-based assays using multichannel pipets; experience with automation using robotic liquid handlers is a strong asset;
- Excellent level of autonomy at designing experiments and critical analysis of results;
- Familiar with Microsoft office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Graphpad Prism data analysis software;
- Clear understanding of goals and expectations of relevant program (objectives, timeframe etc.);
- Should be very proficient at performing literature searches and display an excellent knowledge of common methods in Cell Biology;
- Should be able to prepare presentation, write study reports and interact with cross functional teams on a regular basis;
- Should be able to train and supervise junior staff members;
- Ability to communicate progress effectively with the team (French and English).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive and based on experience
- Annual bonus incentive plan.
- Full time permanent position;
- Health and dental care insurance plan;
- Short- and long-term disability insurance;
- Life insurance;
- RRSP employer’s matching program;
- Casual dress code;
- Flexible schedule;
- On-site free parking;
- Continuing education;
- Career development.
- Monday to Friday.
Apply today to work with state-of-the-art research facility and become part of the NuChem Sciences Drug Discovery Team!