TECHNICIAN, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
NuChem Sciences, contract research organization, is expanding and looking for someone to fill a Technician, Information Technology position. NuChem provides integrated services to early drug discovery projects for our clients spanning from Medicinal Chemistry, ADME/PK, Biochemistry, Cell Biology and In Vivo Pharmacology, in the area of small molecule drug discovery.
Reporting to the Director, Human and Information Resources, the incumbent will play an important role in supporting and maintaining the IT equipment and the various management systems of the company. He/she will actively participate in the installation and commissioning of IT equipment. In addition, he/she ensures the maintenance and development of this same equipment and ensures the proper functioning of IT systems and the security of the company’s network and data.
- Receive requests from internal clients for IT support requests and provide problem solving services;
- Performs the setup and configuration of employee computers and peripherals;
- Perform software installation and customization;
- Respond to various business IT support requests;
- Be sure to apply the best practices and IT policies put in place by the company;
- Plan and carry out regular updates of workstations and software.
- Ensure the maintenance of computer equipment;
- Ensure the proper functioning and performance of IT equipment;
- Manage the Active Directory access management, change of passwords, etc;
- Occasionally conduct technical research, identify products and technologies that can improve the efficiency and management of operations and make recommendations;
- Participate in various tasks related to computer network administration including the implementation and maintenance of network components (hardware and software): installation, configuration, tests, put into production and monitoring the technological evolution of products in place;
- Document the procedures;
- Understand the causes and correct the software and hardware problems;
- Maintain the IT inventory;
- Maintain the printer fleet to ensure that they are always operational;
- Manages the telephone system.
- DEC in computer sciences with 2 or more years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of strategies and tools related to the maintenance of computer equipment: ticket system, remote control, antivirus, deployment, inventory and procedures.
- Good knowledge of servers and associated services (AD, DNS, DFS, GPO, IIS, WSUS);
- Excellent sense of customer service;
- Strong technical skills in problem solving and critical thinking;
- Team spirit, good communication skills;
- Excellent command of French and English (oral and written);
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office;
- Curious, ability to learn quickly and autonomous;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently perform various tasks;
- Passion for lifelong learning in the field of information technology.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive and based on experience
- Annual bonus incentive plan.
- Full time permanent position;
- Health and dental care insurance plan;
- Short- and long-term disability insurance;
- Life insurance;
- RRSP employer’s matching program;
- Casual dress code;
- Flexible schedule;
- On-site free parking;
- Free lunch on Fridays;
- Continuing education;
- Career development.
- Monday to Friday.
Apply today to be part of a dynamic team in a state-of-the-art environment!