in vivo Pharmacology
Keeping the target in sight with the desired in vivo efficacy. Decisions guided by the Target Insight™ approach.
Need a key study?
Our scientists are highly experienced in the Pharma and CRO arena and have proven track records of delivering high quality data with maximal speed. In addition to running regular studies, our scientists can provide support for complex study design including formulation support, complex dosing, and blood collections, establishing new animal models. NuChem has ready-to-use protocols for our animal models and can initiate studies within the shortest possible lead-in times.
A proven track record
Trust the capabilities of the NuChem team, backed by more than 10 years of project collaborations with diverse customers from biotech, pharma, and academic research laboratories within North America & Europe. Our scientists are highly experienced in the pharma and CRO arena and have proven track records of delivering high quality data with maximal speed. You’ll benefit from our accomplishments in a broad range of therapeutic areas. Indeed, we have established a portfolio of animal models for pharmacological efficacy evaluation in oncology, arthritis, pain, obesity, diabetes, fibrosis, inflammatory Bowel disease as well as for pharmacokinetic (PK) evaluation and non-GLP toxicology evaluation in rodents.
Take your projects to the next level with our in vivo pharmacology capabilities. Count on us to stay up-to-date with the most recent trends in drug discovery research. Use the services you need, including our wide range of established in vivo models and pilot studies to develop new models specific to your project. Our capabilities are constantly evolving and provide flexibility for your specific needs.
An unparalleled knowledge base
Add brain power to your projects with the expertise the NuChem team offers. In addition to running regular studies, our scientists can provide support for complex study design including formulation support, complex dosing and blood collections, and the establishment of new animal models. With NuChem as your partner, you’ll have access to our ready-to-use protocols for animal models and our capability to initiate studies within the shortest possible lead-in times.
Partnership for every stage of the development process
Getting the maximum value out of collaborative work requires a certain mindset. With our team, you benefit from our ability to manage communication and logistics for project success. When working collaboratively, our team shares knowledge so our experience becomes your advantage.
Give your in vivo pharmacology projects expert guidance through the drug discovery journey with NuChem as your trusted partner.
- Conveniently located in the State-of-the-Art Montreal biotechnology hub-adMare Bioinnovation/NeoMed institute
- Vivarium is CCAC accredited
- IVIS imaging system
- Housing and procedure suites
- Cell culture lab
- BSL-2 hoods
- Behavior testing suites
- Biological safety cabinets for immune-deficient rodent manipulations
- Automated Dynamic Weight Bearing (DWB) system for rodent arthritic joint pain measurements and activity measurements
- Plethysmometer for precise paw volume measurements in inflammation, pain and arthritis models
- Tail-immersion water bath for pain measurements
- Video camera system for capturing rodent behavior and pain reactions
- Digital and manual calipers for tumor volume and paw/knee thickness measurements
- Perfusion system for rodent cardiac perfusion
- Automated glucometer for blood glucose level measurements
- Necropsy suites with required equipment
Animal Modeling Capabilities
- Oncology (CDX, Orthotopic, Syngeneic)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (CIA, CAIA, TNF)
- Osteoarthritis (MIA)
- Acute & inflammatory pain (Tail-flick, Carrageenan, Formalin, Capsaicin)
- Obesity/Diabetes (DIO, Db/Db, STZ)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (DSS)
- Fibrosis (Bleomycin, CCL4, ALD, NFALD)
- Systemic inflammation (LPS)
- Dermatology (coming soon)
- Pharmacokinetic studies (PK)
- Non-GLP toxicology studies
Dosing, Efficacy Measurements
& Tissue Collection Capabilities
- Systemic: oral gavage (p.o.), intravenous (i.v.), intra-peritoneal (i.p.), subcutaneous (s.c.), intra-muscular (i.m.), intra-nasal (i.n.), intra-dermal (i.d.), intra-plantar (s.c. or i.d.), intra-rectal (i.r.)
- Local: intra-articular (i.a.), intra-thecal (i.t.)
- Expertise in blood collections
- In-life: jugular vein, saphenous vein, tail vein, tail-snip
- Terminal: intra-cardiac, abdominal aorta, abdominal vena cava
- Clinical sign observations, food consumption, body weight
- Behavior and pain assessments (DWB, Video recording, Plethysmometer)
- Stool evaluation for Hemoccult examination
- Tumor cell culture, cell inoculation and tumor volume measurements
- In-life stool and urine collections
- Brain and CSF collections
- Tissue / organ sample collections
- Formulation support (pilot formulation for new molecules)
- Bioanalytical (ADME-PK)
- Biomarkers (cell biology)